There are sayings among Godville gods that sometimes pets can be even more interesting than the heroes themselves. Therefore, having a pet suddenly die or get replaced could be an unpleasant experience, which is not something that we want. So let’s make it better!
First of all, pets will no longer die. From now on, when a pet saves the life of his master, he won’t die as he would have before. Instead he’ll just be knocked unconscious. The hero can then heal him within 60 hours (same rules as before), but even if he fails to do so, the pet won’t be lost. He will come back to his senses on his own, but this time as a more cautious and down-to-earth animal. An animal that doesn’t care about levels, pantheon competition, battle nicknames and has no desire to sacrifice his life, preferring just to simply be with his master.
In other words:
- if all you wanted was to see your hero with a friendly companion, you can now forget about the burden of resurrection and just enjoy the game! The pet will stay with his hero forever.
- if for some reason you care about pet levels and pantheon position – nothing changes (except the terminology and new UI feature showing the time left for pet healing).
- if you want to get rid of a levelless pet, read ahead: once in awhile, your hero will take a quest to bring his companion to a vet for a routine checkup. If you cancel this quest, the hero will set the pet free.
- for those playing in a web browser – check out the greetings on the top left area of the page. There might be something interesting up there!
- the most recent iPhone app update has a shiny new feature that should make influencing more convenient. Make sure to install it.
- recent advancements in heroic brain science have finally taught the heroes to turn profit on the old stuff left after an equipment upgrade. It’s never too late to make heroes smarter, right?
UPD: There are no changes for pet medals – they are given upon reaching level 30. As with all other achievements, once it’s given it can be never taken away.
Btw, we’re accepting submissions for new monsters, that can be tamed. Post it right here, in comments (one pre-condition: they must be chosen from the monsters that already in the game).
Yay!!! Thanks for the great update!!
“Greetings, Der Moerder!” Real interesting ^^
you mean we can sell our old equipment off for money? Great!
And more feedback on pet down-time is a great add. I always had to go to my third eye (if it was still listed) and do the math myself, now a god can rest his brain knowing that computers truly do rule all of Godville.
“We are better than you think, Spode!”
whaaa…I don’t even…
Yes!!! I love it.
“Give us a sign, Spode!” on the hero page and now the one here has changed to “Straighten your back, Spode”
Is everyone getting these?
Here is a sign then!
Hakuna Matata to you too, Godville!
awesome and creepy at the same time. brilliant!!!
That’s great but it’s about 3 days too late for my precious Woody. Now I’m stuck with a solar bear that I haven’t bonded with yet.
So the devs are saying… now instead of dead we get zombie pets?
Oh, sweet! Thank you for the quick-look cloud in the remote control! That’ll cut down on some finger calluses.
ooooo Zombie pets!!!
I’m not sure I love this. Losing a pet sucked, but it was part of the challenge.
Yay! The cost of resurrecting a mid-level pet was prohibitive, this is a nice balanced remedy.
I wanna know if we can still get our pet medals :/
I think this is a good compromise. It keeps the prestige of people who have worked hard to grow a high level pet while addressing the people who just care about their hero. At the same time, I wonder if users are going to look down upon heros who have unresurrected “zombie pets” (I just coined that term, ya like it?) . . . “my hero just got beat by a hero with a zombie pet! . . . oh the shame!! I might just have to dismiss my hero and start again.”
Thanks for the update! Im interestef in seeing this new system!
As always, thanks much! If only I could bring back my first pet, though… Meh, he’s in a better place anyway!
Best modification to the game yet! Excellent idea devs! A+!
Can we change: If you want to get rid of a levelless pet, read ahead: once in awhile, your hero will take a quest to bring his companion to a vet for a routine checkup. If you cancel this quest, the hero will set the pet free.
To a command: Release
If my pet suddenly becomes domesticated/zombiefied/useless, I would rather the option to command my hero to release the pet immediately, rather than wait from some random event that might happen when I’m not online. The time it takes my hero to get the next pet takes long enough.