There are sayings among Godville gods that sometimes pets can be even more interesting than the heroes themselves. Therefore, having a pet suddenly die or get replaced could be an unpleasant experience, which is not something that we want. So let’s make it better!
First of all, pets will no longer die. From now on, when a pet saves the life of his master, he won’t die as he would have before. Instead he’ll just be knocked unconscious. The hero can then heal him within 60 hours (same rules as before), but even if he fails to do so, the pet won’t be lost. He will come back to his senses on his own, but this time as a more cautious and down-to-earth animal. An animal that doesn’t care about levels, pantheon competition, battle nicknames and has no desire to sacrifice his life, preferring just to simply be with his master.
In other words:
- if all you wanted was to see your hero with a friendly companion, you can now forget about the burden of resurrection and just enjoy the game! The pet will stay with his hero forever.
- if for some reason you care about pet levels and pantheon position – nothing changes (except the terminology and new UI feature showing the time left for pet healing).
- if you want to get rid of a levelless pet, read ahead: once in awhile, your hero will take a quest to bring his companion to a vet for a routine checkup. If you cancel this quest, the hero will set the pet free.
- for those playing in a web browser – check out the greetings on the top left area of the page. There might be something interesting up there!
- the most recent iPhone app update has a shiny new feature that should make influencing more convenient. Make sure to install it.
- recent advancements in heroic brain science have finally taught the heroes to turn profit on the old stuff left after an equipment upgrade. It’s never too late to make heroes smarter, right?
UPD: There are no changes for pet medals – they are given upon reaching level 30. As with all other achievements, once it’s given it can be never taken away.
Btw, we’re accepting submissions for new monsters, that can be tamed. Post it right here, in comments (one pre-condition: they must be chosen from the monsters that already in the game).