A hero is not a real hero without his equipment. A regular sequence of fitting, polishing and upgrading is what every champion does since birth. But here in Godville equipment wasn’t that much useful… up until today.
From now on, these pieces of gear can become bold, giving the owner a temporary buff. Each type of equipment has a different effect:
- bold weapon deals more damage to monsters;
- bold shield gives better protection;
- bold head gets more experience;
- bold body speeds up health recovery;
- bold arms give advantage in trade;
- bold legs make travel faster;
- bold talisman can save a hero from imminent death.
Bonus gain may not be astonishing, but hey, it’s free. Since it’s ZPG here, you don’t have to worry on how to get these bold items – just give your hero a couple days and eventually he’ll find it. Here is how he may get it:
- get a new buffed item from a trader (or as a reward);
- buff an existing item by defeating a “Smith” monster;
- buff an existing item at an interesting point on the map.
Multiple items can have buffs at the same time, which opens a lot of interesting combinations. Buffs won’t give any advantage on arena or dungeons, so no need to worry about (im)balance. Also, buffs are temporal and they will expire after about a day.
A bit of economy news: a roadside trader was finally caught by the local authorities. It turned out that he was ruining the lives of our poor heroes in their moments of their total weakness by depriving them of their loot for cheap. After long negotiations the roadside trader finally agreed to start paying double for the loot and not buy boss parts for the lab.
Last, but certainly not least: a well-known, yet humble god Hairplug4men recently outplayed the game by collecting all of the top-level achievements. First time ever in Godville history. Quite an accomplishment we must say.